Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Passionate About Peanut Butter

What are you passionate about? What are the things that you long for? What are the things that fill up your sould to overflowing, that make you think with so much excitement and anticipation and excitement that they might couse you to throw up???

In Junior High School I had a Youth Minister that later became my Campus Minister, then the man who performed my wedding ceremony and now a man that we call friend and he would often ask us, "What are you passionate about? Please be passionate about something?? Most people are at least passionate about the kind of peanut butter they chose! Be passionate about something!!" I am sure at the time I was really and truthfully passionate about a 9th grade boy across the room!

But during the last two years as our family has endured many changes that have happened to us and ones that we have not chosen I have begun to pray the prayer, "God make me passionate! Give me a passion! Please Lord show me a passion like one I have never known before."

My husband and I and our at the time 2 yr old left for the mission field feeling that this was our passion for life. That God had set us on this path and that we would serve Him there for our short term with full intentions of extending for career, yet we were forced to return to the states by our sending agency due to unexpected illness. My unexpected illness. And that is a blog for another day. But we had always been so passionate for missions. And not that this has changed in our hearts, but we know that for now we are not going to be on the field but we will be serving the church in America.

So my prayer began in earnest, God give me a passion. And thankfully over this year, He has faithfully answered this prayer and He has begun to make me more passionate about His Word. I realize that I am nothing without it and that I can not sustain my life on my own without His sustaining grace. I am in need of the Word of Life.

I was recently talking to my friend, Lisa, and she said that a lady friend of hers rises before her children in the morning not out of the triteness of discipline but out of the shear desperation for the Word. Oh, that it may be with me. Oh, that I may be desperate and not just saying that I am disciplined.

While reading the Word, also, God has kindled in my heart the growing love for the fact that I am a woman! Imagine that! He created me to be a woman, to fulfill certain roles, and to glory in Him as I am going about doing just that and now my life seems more blessed.... Can that be? The more that I fulfill my role, the more my husband is able to fulfill his and therefore the more I am able to fulfill mine??? Yes, Lord! It can be because you created it that way.

I think I am blogging on about 10 different subjects in one. Forgive me please. Remember my first questions? I am passionate for the Lord and His Word, my husband and my children, serving the women in my church, and understanding more about what it is to be a Redeemed Daughter. All this spills ou of me as I continue to gush! I can't contain it because it is not from me, it is from the Lord. Thank you Lord for your Word, your will and your created order.

No comments: