Friday, October 27, 2006

She said, "Jesus is all I need."

When I update this blog I send out an email to let my friends know so that they can read what I have written and tell me what they think. Well, today I got an interesting reply from my friend, Cassie, who is serving the Lord alongside her husband on the mission field in Peru. She made an interesting comment. She said something to the effect that it was good for her to hear the real, daily stories about being a mom and a wife here in the states. She said that is good to read these things and not to just hear I went to the store and fed the kids but to know the hard times and the funny little stories.

Well, the funny thing is that my husband just returned from a mission trip to serve with Brad and Cassie and he has been telling me the stories of their daily life. I often wonder what it is like there for them and what they are experiencing every day. My husband got just a taste of their lives when he was there for a brief weeklong experience.
I know that she would never gripe about these things but Girls listen up here are some things that she does in her daily life... Think about it and let me know if you are man enough, or should I say woman enough to handle it?? :)

1. They lived there for several months without a kitchen sink.
2. They have no running water in their house due to repairs that began in MARCH! and note this is OCTOBER!!
3. She walks to get water from a hose a few blocks from their home and fills several 5 gallon jugs for their daily water.

I am sure that there are other hardships and I am not writing this to complain about her life but to allow us a glimpse of what she is doing to lay down her life daily. Is this life easy for them? NO. Are they always glad that they are there working? I am sure that the answer varies. I am sure it would be much easier to be there with more ammenities. Does she wish for an easier life? Maybe, I don't know but I do know this she is serving the Lord in a way that most of us will never experience. She is serving the Lord in many ways just through her daily living. Her sacrifice of praise is walking and filling up water jugs so that her family has water.

We have the Cademon's Call CD with the song on it Jesus is All I Need. One day we were driving down the road singing away and my son, David, said, " Mama is that true? Is Jesus really all that we need?"

And when I think of Cassie, I think yes, David, Jesus is all that we need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too sorry for me yet... after 6 months without regular water, this past Monday water came to the house and we have had it all week!! Please thank the Lord with me on this one. I didn't even remember how great it could be. We think the problems have been solved as they are finishing up the construction in our town. Yes, I will sing it loud with the rest of you - Jesus is all we need. He proves Himself faithful and good everyday - even when my attitude doesn't deserve it.

I know life is hard there - maybe even harder in a way b/c you don't get much widespread recognition & praise for cooking suppers and changing diapers. Keep up the service, ladies!

Love,
Cassie

Anonymous said...

thanks for the wonderful reminder that there is nothing i need in this world. i want to teach ella the difference between need and want and so often i get it confused. may we all remember that Jesus is all we need.

redeemeddaughter said...

Yeah! Cassie, I am so glad to see your comment and I am sos thankful that you have water! Praise the Lord. We rejoice with you!
Thanks for your thoughts to us!
dhw